Drysuit Seams - Yeah, I know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can say Aquaseal FD with cure accelerator kit worked on my old CF200. The cure accelerator I used not to accelerate drying. I did not need it to be dried quickly. I did not add it to the glue, only to clean the suit area to be patched after roughing up with sand paper. I only used this and no fabric or tape patch over the glue. The glue worked. I gave about 2 inch radius at leak area. Note some leaks on old material leak at a few spots within a few inches of one another. I make just one patch for both combined. Unfortunately more leaks developed after this repair in other areas. 20 year plus old suit was not worth repairing anymore. New replacement suit custom order fit the bill. The old suit is for parts now. If a suit is old like mine was when doing repairs and you see multiple leaks it may indicate it's not worth repairing. What I mean is that the leak test I used was seal suit up. I blocked the neck seal and one wrist. The other wrist seal I used the exhaust of vacuum cleaner to puff the suit up with zipper closed. Soapy water solution on the outside of the suit showed bubbles that would be in an area, but not from just a pinpoint. That should have been a clue that the material was just going to have more and more leaks develop very soon, possibly from just using the suit normally without puncturing it in anyway. It was a good practice for any non-warranty covered work needed on my new suit as a consolation.
Thanks for the feedback Jeff - my suit is also >20 yrs old but I'm going to give it a shot !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom