Drysuit seal glue in Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moose_grunt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Where can I find glue for replacing latex seals on a trilam drysuit, here in Japan? I brought spare seals with me, but haven't been able to find any of the usual glues--dui glue, stormsure, bostik, etc. Can anyone tell me an equivalent glue that can be found here? Or do I just go for rubber cement? I have found aquaseal, but I'd rather not use it, as removing it is a real POA when you try to replace seals again....

Thanks!

Thanks for both replies! I checked out src online, and it looked like they only had aquaseal, but then again they may have stuff in the stores not listed online--a moot point considering I'm not exactly close to Tokyo.

About the cemedine super x--is this going to make my life miserable when I have to change seals the next time??

Thanks a lot!!

No, it is similar to DUIs. I think it is what DUI Japan use now.

Ok, sweet. Thanks a lot!! This proves you can find the answers to anything here on SB. I tried asking around locally, but I seem to be the only person in the area who doesn't dive in a neroprene drysuit.....trilams have a bad reputation carried over from the single laminate era..

We all dive trilams here. I have never heard they got a bad reputation. I think neoprenes are popular in Japan as you could make them in more colors while shelltypes were only black before.

wow, its exactly the opposite out here in the roaring Shimane! Eeeeeveryone is in an apollo neroprene suit, and every single time I go diving in my trilam, they ask questions like "doesn't it leak alot?" or "don't you get a lot of pinholes", then get to hear their stories about when they had a shell suit, they had to bring a different set of inners for every dive. But then again, I wouldn't consider Shimane to be up-to-date on anything, besides maybe farming technology (and that's doubtful..)

Thanks again for the tip on the glue, I'll grab some tomorrow on the way home from work, and give it a whirl!

Yes, sounds different. With us I mean the people I dive with. Most others groups on the beach got colorful Apollos.

I think that the "we" Thomas refers to must be all us gaijin...in our trilams with latex seals!

P.S. Ever see someone with a compressed/crushed neoprene suit in Japan?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom