Drysuit Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dr_shappero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need to have a wrist seal repaired and possibly replaced before fundies in Jan. Where do people take their suits to be repaired in the Seattle area? I live in E-burg so I am not fimiliar with most of shops on the west side. Thanks for the help!

-Keith

KME..if I remember right the phone 1-800-800 8KME ....

Should be in the book though... If not call me at work on Wednesday between 10am and 7pm and I'll get you the number... 360-866-3684

They do good work at a decent price.

I had a terrible experience with KME about a year ago, where I'd sent my suit to have the zipper replaced. I will _never_ use them again. A trivially simple zipper replacement took over three months to come back to me. They first "lost" the suit for about a month, then they claimed they didn't have staff to fix it, and then, finally, after calling again, they had to "order a new zipper."

When I finally got the suit back three months later, they'd put the zipper in upside down (it's a diagonal zip across the front.) Two weeks later, when I got the suit back the second time, they had the audacity to charge me full price for the whole thing -- after three months and a major screwup, that was just asinine.

The quality of the replacement work was really poor, too; the zipper was installed slightly crooked, making it darn near impossible to completely close the "over-zipper" which protects it. They also neglected to put one of the "pull tabs" back in place that you hold on to when self-donning to keep the suit taut. All in all, it was the worst scuba gear experience I've ever had.

I send stuff out to Superior Drysuit Repair in Minnesota, now, when I need work done. They did major neoprene alterations for me on a Diving Concepts suit, and the work looked better than the factory assembly. Top notch, and they apparently have a better sense of top and bottom, as the pieces were all in the right place :)

Simple things, like latex wrist and neck seals, can be done by just about any of the major shops in town, in house. No need to go to a specialized drysuit place just to glue on a seal.

KME is where my rarely dry suit has gone for all its repairs on its original leak. 'Nuff said.

dr_shappero:
I need to have a wrist seal repaired and possibly replaced before fundies in Jan. Where do people take their suits to be repaired in the Seattle area? I live in E-burg so I am not fimiliar with most of shops on the west side. Thanks for the help!

-Keith
PM sent ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom