Drysuit Rentals/Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MilitantMedic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It looks like I'll be making a trip back to the frigid NW around Christmas time, so I might as well get some diving in as well. I'll be mostly in the Bremerton/Silverdale area, does anyone know a shop in the area (Seattle Included) that rents out drysuits and the speciality course. I'm not a rich man so cost is a large factor.

Also anyone want to dive with me =)?

Bruce

I work for a shop in Tigard Oregon down the road a couple of hours but if you are in the area we rent drysuits and do a drysuit orientation or the full on specialty course. I'm sure someone in the Seattle area could help you out.

Well, the shop I dive out of rents drysuits and can do the specialty course, but it's not very convenient to Silverdale, being in Woodinville (Bubbles Below).

When you get closer to your dates, post something in the Orca Bait forum about looking for dive buddies. WVDiver did that, and is diving with us on Sunday. I'm not committing to anything in December until I see how I feel about diving when the air temperature is lower than the water temperature . . . :)

LOL that happens here in Hawaii at night =). Might drop to about 75 air temp (kinda chilly), but the water stays at about 80.

MilitantMedic, have you forgotten your Cabana Boy status? :11:

You need to PM Colleen, gis gal. As Chief Instigator I'm sure she would consider showing you around Seattle diving!!!!

I need to make it there sometime soon myself. I've heard quite abit about the diving. I think it's worth a flight and a few vacations days! :14:

I'm not on the CB roster (at least I shouldn't be) anymore. Looks like I'm only going to be able to fly back home (I'm an expat lol).

Hey you guys/gals....
Come on out.... Colleen and I (Kirsten) would be happy to show you around....we have some really cool sites....
Today, Colleen and I and others dove Sunrise which is locally called the petting zoo....there were so many Octo I lost count...vis was good
Come on out!
Kirsten

MilitantMedic:
I'm not on the CB roster (at least I shouldn't be) anymore. Looks like I'm only going to be able to fly back home (I'm an expat lol).
You will always be a CB, you just happened to be stashed in a very nice location. How convenient for us. :D

MilitantMedic:
... that happens here in Hawaii at night =). Might drop to about 75 air temp (kinda chilly), but the water stays at about 80.
Well, Mister Witch Doctor, you can just leave that attitude back at the Islands.

:D

(Here's a little seceret: The divings' better here anyway.)

Hey,
I like the attitude in Hawaii...heat, warm water, great people....but yes, the diving gets boring compared to what we have in the PNW and BC....
So, come on over....we don't have Sea Turtles but we got BIG Octopi and BIG wolf eels...and lots of life...
Kirsten

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom