Drysuit problem.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chickdiver once bubbled...
Quite possibly it is the seam. I have that problem. Scootereing is no problem, but swimming that damn seam dimple smashes down on my second toe, right at the cuticle, and forms a painful raw spot/ blister. Been doing it for 5 years now, i just use a little duct tape on the area in question pre dive.
But this sounds like a good idea...you can also use athletic tape for taping stuff up...one of my dive buddies tapes part of his feet before every dive because his fins rub something the wrong way.

lucid once bubbled...
That is exably whats happening with me. But Im not going to spend close to $2000 for a drysuit that has poorly designed boots and not raise hell about it.
FWIW, I have a CLx450 also, but with rockboots and I haven't noticed the problem. I wear 300 weight polartec socks... I still have the seam, but I bet the "hard" rubber nose on the rockboot (toe cap) keeps the fin from pushing it against my toes.

Lucid, I agree with you, it is a poor design, but as it is the only complaint I have about the DUI suits, I guess I am willing to live with it (should be, since I just ordered my 2nd suit from them). As for the duct tape thing- I used to use athletc tape, but I always forgot it and them I ended up using all I had in the first aid kit, blah blah blah. One day I used duct tape instead, and viola no more problem forgetting it, since I ALWAYS have duct tape! :wink:

Lucid
In an attempt to eliminate problems, and forgive me if you feel offended, that's not my intention, are your fins or rock boots large enough? For that matter is the suit fitting propperly? I had to increase the size of my fins to obtain a propper fit!
Wreck/Tec

Back
Top Bottom