Drysuit hanger for storage: stress on neck seal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calatinus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all

I have a Waterproof D7X with silicone neck and wrist seals. I have the Waterproof wetsuit/drysuit hanger, with broad shoulder support.

When hanging the drysuit on the hanger, I notice this stresses the neck seal, a bit more on the back.

Is this harmful for the seal? How should I handle the neck seal when hanging the drysuit on this hanger?

Thanks!

C

When rinsing and drying I use a 1"x6' pvc pipe run through the arms to hang my suit. I have a strap with a loop on it that I put into the neck that the goes around the pipe and connects to something above. For storage the suit gets folded up and in a closet.

Already have a reply from Waterproof: they state that the seal will not be harmed by the stressas long as it is not in contact with sharp objects.

I drape mine over some stuff to dry in the basement. That's where it stays stored:)... so no stress on neck seal.

It helps that we have a basement and that a dehumidifier and fan run 24/7 to prevent mildew.

Back
Top Bottom