Drysuit for Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What is the best type of drysuit for diving from rocky shorlines? I have a tendency to beat up the knee and upper thigh areas of my wetsuits when exiting. Most of my diving is done from shore in rocky areas with heavy surge at the entry/exit point. I don't want to buy my first drysuit and wear it out in the first season.

I have eliminated non-compressed neo from consideration due to bouyancy problems, so we're discussing trilam versus compressed neo. What is the most durable, particularly abrasion-resistant material?

Depends on the trilam.

Something with lots of Cordura will be very, very hard to rip. The DUI CLX and Bare HD come to mind as being almost indestructible.

However, in general, compressed neo still has buoyancy problems. DUI's *crushed* neo is the strongest stuff around.

Compressed neo.

USIA has come up with a material for the knees, elbows, etc that has ceramic in the mix. Evidently it will even stop sea urchin spines from penetrating.

Back
Top Bottom