Drysuit flexibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put my reg in, lean over, grab my calf in a figure 4 position and pull my foot up. In my wetsuit I'd just do a figure 4 position and easily put it on.

Tim while I love my drysuit during this time of year I'm very anxious to get out of it when the waters warm up. You may remember I also use those spring straps and that certainly helps me when it comes to donning or doffing the fins. But certain things are difficult, like reaching my tank valve. I figure if I have to reach it I'll have to remove the bc.

Still, freezing to death isn't an option for me.

It's 39 degrees in that lake man, 39 freakin degrees.

brrr ... one day I gotta try diving your water Al :D

I may consider going with a 5mil wetsuit for most of my diving, and save the ds for longer planned dives and travelling to fair weather climates like yours :wink: But I have to say that it has been fun learning to dive dry, and I see some real advantages in it - especially on SI and it's so much easier to get on and off... But I do miss the mobility and the 300psi that it costs me every dive :wink:

Aloha, Tim

Lynne,
Sorry I didn't answer earlier - was diving yesterday and got blown out today.
In a wetsuit I have no problem either but I think it's going to take me some effort to do it dry.

Al Mialkovsky:
Tim while I love my drysuit during this time of year I'm very anxious to get out of it when the waters warm up. You may remember I also use those spring straps and that certainly helps me when it comes to donning or doffing the fins. But certain things are difficult, like reaching my tank valve. I figure if I have to reach it I'll have to remove the bc.

If it makes you feel any better--on yesterday's dive out of northern Mass my computer registered a temp of 35 degrees at 115'...

I was out in northern mass on 3/11 and the water was 39 degrees also. And my DS flooded :shocked::dropmouth Neck seal to big(rental) and I couldn't find the neck extender that I brought.

Al Mialkovsky:

Al,

My experience wet, dry or otherwise pales to yours by you have captured the escense of diving dry as I know it. I'm grateful for where my dry suit lets me go and when it lets me go and in what it lets me go but when diving wet is appropriate I much prefer to dive that way.

Pete

kidspot:
I put my reg in, lean over, grab my calf in a figure 4 position and pull my foot up. In my wetsuit I'd just do a figure 4 position and easily put it on.

I need to try that TIm. I've been using the figure 4 to remove my fins.

For donning I"ve been in the habit of just reaching back, getting my foot in the pocket and pulling the springstraps home. On my last dive I missed the pocket and pulled the strap around my ankle, leaving the fin flapping in front of my leg:11doh: Thank goodness for buddies. Donning them up front in the figure 4 will give me better control.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom