Drysuit Fins for pushing alot of gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
The real question is, why would I want to do any dives in force fins when my Jets work great already?

You might not want to, and if you are happy with your Jets, then good for you – all I was getting at was that you said 'don't bother with Force Fins - go straight for Turtles', which implies you've tried them and think the Turtles are better. If you've never actually been in the water with a pair, how can you say 'don't bother with them'?

I've tried all variants of Jet Fins as well as various Force Fins and each have their own merits. I was not knocking Turtles, Jets or whatever a particular model is called – as I said in my original post, they are extremely proficient fins – I was just pointing out that FFs also work well for some people who are doing exactly the sort of diving the original poster was talking about.

Mark

Back to the original topic.... I have used both turtles and the DR fins pushing doubles and stages. Both are good fins, but the DR fins seem to be a little easier on my legs. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom