Drysuit Fins for pushing alot of gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm with MarkUK...I love my force fins, and know a lot of other divers, including ice, tech and cave divers who swear by them.
C-Dawg

so I forced my size 10 rockboot into a size XL Jet Fin, is it just me or does your foot stick out slightly more in Jet fins then regular fins

We could always chop your toes off, I'm sure that'd fix it. :)
Don't even bother with Force Fins--go straight for Turtles.

Cheekymonkey:
so I forced my size 10 rockboot into a size XL Jet Fin, is it just me or does your foot stick out slightly more in Jet fins then regular fins

No, it's not just you, yes my foot stuck out. It felt the fins were on my toes. Hence the switch to Turtles for the DS feet.

SparticleBrane:
We could always chop your toes off, I'm sure that'd fix it. :)
Don't even bother with Force Fins--go straight for Turtles.

I have no doubting the popularity of Turtles, or any of the Jet Fin-style fins currently on the market, with the technical, DIR and wannabe techies, and yes, they work extremely well for all fin kicks, giving plenty of power and control.

But then again, I can frogkick, scull, back up, etc, etc, in my FF Pros just as well. And just for interest - how many dives have you actually done with Force Fins?

Mark

None yet, thats why I'm attempting to make the change several months ahead of time, to get used to these.

MarkUK:
And just for interest - how many dives have you actually done with Force Fins?
The real question is, why would I want to do any dives in force fins when my Jets work great already?

Cheekymonkey:
So any input on the turtle fins would be great, or other similar styled short fins that would be appropriate. Thanks everyone.

I dive a drysuit and doubles, stage bottle, etc. regularly and I use Turtles. They are a good wide, stiff fin and move me and my rig easily through the water. My drysuit is a DUI with rock boots. The Turtles fit over the rock boots nicely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom