Drysuit Feedback Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbsaba56

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok here's the skinny...I am new to diving (about to be certified), I live along the Delaware/Maryland shore where the water temps can be somewhat cool. I want to purchase a drysuit as I plan to dive locally and often. So here'e my question...I have a line on a new Typhoon CnK Tech dry suit at a ridiculous price (over half off). Does anyone have any experience with this suit and will it suit my needs (pardon the punn)?

I think for better feedback you should just put the price down in your post (or if it's a secret at least a price range). Half off (of what? whose price?) does not yet give an idea if it's great deal or not. Price range lets us compare what else you might be able to get for the same ballpark figure.

I have never heard of that particular brand (does not necessarily mean that the suit is crappy) but I do know that shops/individuals sometimes hook new divers with these 'deals'. They know one is easy prey as a first-time drysuit buyer - especially if the deal is expiring...

There are a lot of suits out there, the most important thing is fit and the best thing would be to get to try the suit in water before purchasing it. Hopefully people who have experience with Typhoon will chime in - and let us know the price, so we can help you better.

I just purchased a Drysuit without testing it and luckily it only had 2 small pinhole leaks that were easy fixes. I'll reiterate what piikki said and make sure you not only try it on, but test it in the water (in a pool preferably) before you purchase it.

It looks like Typhoon CnK Tech is a UK or European suit. If it's designed for the UK waters then the suit should do you fine in the Delaware waters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom