Drysuit Donning Advice - Getting my feet into neoprene socks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drysuit undersocks...

After trying all sorts of undersocks, I settled on Warmbac neoprene caving socks.

They're supremely comfortable, warm, and should your suit get wet (or you step in water before getting in your suit!), your feet are warm. They're not as bulky as the thermo-material used in things like 4th element drysocks and they don't move around when you walk in them. Actually you can walk miles in them with wellies. Also air doesn't migrate around.

They might be your solution if your drysuit socks are a bit tight; with those neoprene socks, they don't ride up when you're pulling the drysuit socks on.

(Image from UpAndUnder.co.uk)
1644343956234.png

I think you’re misinterpreting what he wrote

You are correct. Attached bottoms to drysuits have always been called "feet" in my sphere of visibility. Socks were worn as underwear. The feet can have attached soles or not.

Thinking about it now, the terms probably date back to the 1960s when terminology was borrowed from heavy gear and the Cousteau Constant Volume drysuits.

I don't understand why you would choose closed-cell foam Neoprene in a drysuit. You will loose thermal insulation at depth where you need it the most.
I think you picked it up later - I probably got the terminology confused. Meant neoprene feet as opposed to integrated boots. Thanks

I think you’re misinterpreting what he wrote (or I am, there can only be one victor here today). I think he was saying he ordered his drysuit with neoprene socks (rather than integrated boots). Not that he was wearing neoprene socks under his …neoprene socks.
Yep that's what I meant - neoprene instead of integrated boots. Thanks

I had neoprene socks on my previous drysuit and never found it to hard to don it.

I put my fingers on the seal between the suit and socks and pull gently.

Is the Santi ankle just very tight for neoprene socks?

Note that Santi offers 4 sizes adjustment FREE OF CHARGE. That means, if one of the standard sizes is just about right, you have the option to 4 minors measure adjustments to ensure a great fit.

Note that Santi offers 4 sizes adjustment FREE OF CHARGE. That means, if one of the standard sizes is just about right, you have the option to 4 minors measure adjustments to ensure a great fit.
Have you seen the price of their suits nowadays?!?

They're copying phishermen: free stuff just pay us $$$£££€€€'s first

@Wibble , the OP said they had a Santi so that is a mute point in this case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom