Drysuit config questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought an XCD2 Tech drysuit (used).

I am sending it to Bare for larger feet and NEO neckseal (currently latex). I am new to dry diving - but I have a few questions. Are the thigh pockets needed - I would like to send this out once and if pockets are the type of thing that I will likely get in a few months, I might as well get them now.

Opinions on whether or not to get them and what configuration to get them in are welcomed.

Thank You

Last edited:
not "needed" but very useful. Get both sides.

another 'yes' to pockets. people pretty much don't bitch that their pockets are too big, either, so go for large ones!

Another vote for pockets. They are very useful and keep stuff not only tidy, but someplace where you're much less likely lose it. Bellows pockets with Velcro closure, both sides.

But pockets full of unnecessary redundantly redundant equipment will create turbulent eddies thus negating the streamlining required to glide effortlessly through your chosen medium unless you are a working diver in a sewerage farm.

I have a Bare Tech tri-lam, and went with a Dive Rite strap on pocket instead. No complaints -- I use it when I need it, and leave it off when I don't.

But pockets full of unnecessary redundantly redundant equipment will create turbulent eddies thus negating the streamlining required to glide effortlessly through your chosen medium unless you are a working diver in a sewerage farm.

Im not very streamlined anyway....

NE wreck divers usually are not that streamlined between the reels, Jersey upline,strobes,speargun, light(s),bag, etc.

Our diving is mostly wreck diving hunting lobster or spearfishing.

This might also be a good time to think about dry gloves, and whether you want permanently installed rings, such as those made by SiTech.

I like the large Halcyon Exploration pockets--the small zipper storage compartments in the flaps are very handy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom