Drysuit Certification when?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robin - where are you all diving? I would love to get wet tomorrow .... if I may be so bold as to invite myself!

I wish I could go diving tomorrow!! :depressed::depressed:

Have a great time and take lots of pics, so I can dive vicariously through all of you. :D

Hi all,

Will be diving tomorrow with Brandon and Brian. Did my pool dives today at Nautilus in Concord, Tony the owner was great, he helped guide me and I dove for 2 hours practicing.

I feel very confident and cannot wait for Brandon to baptize me into Monterey Drysuit diving...

I also paid for my first boat dive on March 14th Saturday, Escapade with Nautilus in Concord... This will be my first big boat dive, I've done the little inflatables but not the big ones...

Hope to see a lot of my diving friends, Sarah and Robin and Ron....

Mike

Hi all,

Will be diving tomorrow with Brandon and Brian. Did my pool dives today at Nautilus in Concord, Tony the owner was great, he helped guide me and I dove for 2 hours practicing.

I feel very confident and cannot wait for Brandon to baptize me into Monterey Drysuit diving...

I also paid for my first boat dive on March 14th Saturday, Escapade with Nautilus in Concord... This will be my first big boat dive, I've done the little inflatables but not the big ones...

Hope to see a lot of my diving friends, Sarah and Robin and Ron....

Mike

That's great Mike!! I can't wait to hear about your first drysuit dives tomorrow. Have fun! :D

I am dry today but anxiously awaiting the reports! Good luck!

Well everyone,

I'm not a virgin anymore whoops, I mean I took the plunge into the ocean with my drysuit under the supervision of Brandon, Ron, and Robin...

Brandon took me on an extreme obstacle course in the shallows and he said I was dialed in just fine, 20 lbs of lead weight is all it took and I even think I can go back to 18 pounds like I was with wetsuit.

Then it was off to Ball Buster to really conquer my fears of the deep in this drysuit. I made it down to 101 feet after almost aborting the dive because my left ear wouldn't clear, thanks to Ron and Robin they waited and I cleared the problem at 35 feet.

Here is the only topside pics I have of me and the gang... Hopefully Ron and Robin will post the other pics they took of me :)

Thanks,

Mike

kcfm21.jpg

mrrazn.jpg

Last edited:
:partytime: Congratulations Mike!!! :partytime:

Definitely CONGRATS!! And many thanks that helped Mike finally dive that thing!

Robin - where are you all diving? I would love to get wet tomorrow .... if I may be so bold as to invite myself!

shoot. i missed this post. we were at breakwater. sorry we missed you and I didnt check this post before heading out on sat.

we'll be down again next sat. anyone up for a couple of dives next week?

Back
Top Bottom