Drysuit Certification when?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all,

As my title says I am still not certified for drysuit but that didn't stop me from lecturing about drysuits at my college. My students got a blast in my college and composition and research english class. They get to write a cause and effect essay on the inherent dangers of diving.

They will be citing several books that I have made copys for and my lecture notes on diving in general. If anyone would like to give me any do's and don'ts to drysuit diving I would pass it on as another cited material for the class, a personal email.

Thanks,

Michael Guerrero

P.S
I promise you that I will get certified soon but in the meantime since I haven't gotten a chance to dive, I incorporated it into my lecture for English, one of my students snapped a pic of me as they saw I was so into diving; :)

5bcntf.jpg

:lol: bet you were toasty :)

I'm sure there will be lots of advice but one thing I found out was that I never would have known without training just how difficult a drysuit could be in an emergency, or that some types of footwear are less than suitable for use with them.
Get trained by someone who is thorough and will stress you.
Here is my post of my drysuit class and training ... http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/advanced-scuba-discussions/260824-padi-dry-suit-class.html

Mike If you still don't have a date, why don't you train with me? we can schedule some pool time Wed. and Thur. and go into open water this weekend.
or if thats too soon, we can plan for next month as soon as I get back in State. Mar. 21 - Apr.7

Mike, just go dive the drysuit! I'm sure any number of dry divers here would be willing to come dive with you and help you out. It's really not the evil body bag PADI wants you to believe.

Yeah Mike, you really need to find another instructor if that one can't fit you in! Ron is a good instructor...you should get your money back and take him up on his offer.

You can't be diving wet and then walking the streets in your drysuit. :shakehead:

Ill even volunteer to take you out in your drysuit and give pointers etc.

I will ask for my money back as credit into the shop. What makes me mad is that I am SSI certified and have the book fully filled out and I don't know if Ron is PADI or SSI. I could just use the book if he is SSI and not have to read a new PADI book all over again.

Does anyone know if Ron is PADI or SSI?

Thanks,

Mike G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom