Drysuit basics - Help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix:
All your help has been quite useful for me. Thank you Scubaboard! I am hesitant between two drysuits at this moment. One is the DUI TLS350 and the other one is the Bare XCD2 Tech Dry. The price difference is considerable (around 600 Euros). Do you guys know what are the main differences? Well, at this moment I already know that DUI is some kind of reference in dry suits. What about the Bare? Is it good? What are the main differences?

Thanks once again.

Regards
The DUI is cut more full thanBare. Both have a kind of bellows torso but Bare uses an elstic pannel inside where as DUI uses a crotch strap. As I type this I'm having my Bare suit converted to the DUI style strap. I'm also having the Bare foam neoprene socks replaced and whiile they need replacing I'm changing the style over to the crushed neoprene that DUI uses. I think Bares trilaminate fabrick is thicker but the thinner fabric is more comfortable.

DUI, I think uses a longer front zipper, and they use cone wriist seal, Bare has bottle saels on the wrists

Crushed neprene has sane stretch in it and can be made to fit closer. so it can be better streamlined and has less swimming drag.

Look around there are some very good quality suits made in the UK. At better prices then DUI or Bare. I've heard that drysuits cost much less in the US then here in the US. Even DUI is forced to sell ata lower price there then here

Back
Top Bottom