Drysuit and Insulin Pump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Gang,

I appreciate this thread as I am a user of the pump and a continuous glucose monitoring system ( meaning my blood gets monitored every five minutes and that information is then sent to the pump for corrective action). Having these on the body is noticable, but I would disconnect, and reconnect after dive is over, so I am wondering how dive shops / Dive Masters react. I know a few people deny to the dive staff about having diabetes just to be able to dive. I will not do this. I have very close control and know my limits and my buddie knows how to react if needed. So, has anyone been turned away from a dive because they are on insulin/pump? And how do DM feel about this situation. Thanks for helping out -- PS. I have dove using insulin but this is my first time with the pump and we are headed to the keys in a few weeks and I want to be prepared !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom