Drying gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a 6"x8"x2" project box from radio shack and cut a round hole in the top to accomodate a 4" 110 volt cooling fan and a rocker switch. I then cut a 1" hole in the end of the box for a PVC elbow leading to a rack made from 1" PVC pipe. The rack allows a maximum of 8 items to be dried with the boots or gloves placed over the pipe ends and allows any unused ends to be capped.

Plug it in, turn it on and every thing is dry inside in out in about 12 hours.

scubasean once bubbled...

I've heard that the agitation neoprene items get in a nonheated dryer shortens the life of those items.

I've just let my wetauit, gloves, hooded vest, and booties air dry...

yeah....if you jam your whole wetsuit in there...it causes major creasing to occur which will crush those cells and ruin them. As far as gloves, boots and hoods there is not enough crushing weight of material to cause any damage. Throwing in a towel helps buffer the items and help pull moisture out.

BTW...this same procedure works for drying sneakers as well....

Back
Top Bottom