Drying booties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got a new pair of Akona booties. My last dive was on 21 March and they are still wet on the inside (probably due to the rubber-coated toe box area).

I rolled the upper edges down as far as I could but they won't dry out. I've considered putting newspaper in them to draw out the moisture.

Anyone have any tips on drying boots quickly?

Try putting them in the spin cycle of your cloths washer. This will removed most of the moisture fast and allow them to dry completely.

I set mine on the back porch in the sun for about 2 days(take them in at nite when the dew comes out to play).....

I spin them in the washer then hang upside down over floor heat register. They dry in a few hours but they still smell. I store them upside down too. I have always wondered if ski boot dryers would work.

The spin cycle is a good idea for removing water when they are still pretty wet. What about removing the residual moisture?

I would leave them on the porch but it's only 35F here.:bawling:

What do you think about using a hairdryer on a low setting?

I was just wondering if the spin cycle would be too hard on the boots? Would it smash the rubbers cells and cause premature wear of the boots?

Try using a fan facing the openings. I use this method to dry my DUI rock boots, hood and drysuit. Takes about 2 days.

I have always wondered if ski boot dryers would work.

I was thinking the same thing since I do a lot of skiing in the winter. A buddy had a sweet set of boot dryers on a trip this year and I immediately thought about dual use for my wetsuit boots. Has anyone ever tried them? My wetsuit boots definitely got a funk this year from not drying out completely

I wouldn't even know where to find a boot dryer that I could use?

LURSXT: Thanks, I just tossed mine in front of a fan.

The spin cycle is a good idea for removing water when they are still pretty wet. What about removing the residual moisture?

I would leave them on the porch but it's only 35F here.:bawling:

That's one of the reasons I live where I do---the next time I see 32 degrees will be too soon(also one of the reasons I bought a house on Roatan).....:blinking:

Back
Top Bottom