Drying booties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have this boot dryer:

Cabela's -- Seirus QuickDry Boot and Glove Dryer

The picture doesn't really show it, but the arms extend, allowing you to dry a pair of boots and a pair of gloves at the same time. It also has a heat and a forced air setting, allowing you to choose the drying method.

I used it on my last dive trip and the boots and gloves were completely dry the next morning even after rinsing them the evening before our flight out. It folds up to about the size of a mask box and weighs about 2lbs.

The reviews on it are horrible, nearly every person reports problems with the motor burning out after a few to a few dozen uses. Average rating over 15 reviews is a 1.9 out of 5.

The reviews on it are horrible, nearly every person reports problems with the motor burning out after a few to a few dozen uses. Average rating over 15 reviews is a 1.9 out of 5.

You're right, the reviews are awful. I never checked the reviews before. I must have gotten a good one. I've had it for over 3 years with no problems. There are many other versions out there though. Just Google "boot dryer" and you'll find plenty.

I wonder if it has problems because (I would imagine) that the unit must run significantly longer in order to dry out regular boots?

Just get some old crumpled up newspaper and stuff it in your boots. When my drysuit zipper died on a weekend dive trip, it only took a couple hours and my boots were completely dry. Just replace the wet newspaper as needed.

Cheap (free) easy way of drying boots.

Get an old newspaper, roll the pages into balls, stuff that in the boots. Dries overnight. Just remove the wet paper.

No need to buy anything expensive when you can do this.

Also on the cheap side I like to take 3 unused koozies or huggies with the open slats in the bottom and insert one in each boot. Then take the third crack a beer and watch your boots dry.

I like the newspaper idea. I stuffed mine with socks before putting them in front of the fan and that took a lot of the moisture out.

Don't the Kozies retain moisture? Aren't they made of neoprene?

Do you have any pictures of the hangers made from PVC?

I just checked my boots and the koozies are a little damp. I usually take them out after a day or two. and let them sit on the gear table with the fan on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom