DryGlove System Revisit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
I currently use the Si Tech Round permeant wrist system which I like but I'm not sure if I like the Glove Lock Dry Glove System I also have. Seems clunky.. bulky.. Then again I have never used any other system so maybe this is just how it is. I have seen rave reviews for Rolocks and Kubi. I feel like the current setup going forward might get in the way of bottle switches down the road.

So I guess the real question I'm asking is have you had any issues with your dry suit glove rings when doing bottle switches and if so what did you do to resolve it or lessen it?

For me, one big positive to the Kubi rings are the different sizes.

I have been using the rolock 3 ring system for about 2 months and lick it very much. I have been using a pair of blue gloves i got at Home Depot and a thin pair of wool glove liners. I find the dexterity of that to be about the same as a 3mm wet glove. I have been plenty warm to low 50s. About my only complaint with the rolock is that the rings used to hold hardware together are very hard to install, very tight.

I use the Kubi 80mm rings.

No problems with bottle management. Most I've managed is 2 x AL80 on the left and 1 x AL40 on a butt leash (on OC), or 2 x AL80 on the left and 1 x AL80 on the right (on CCR).

I think people have been using big, bulky dry glove rings for years, even on long, deep dives. Thus, bottle management and gas switches can be done safely and reliably, even with big, bulky rings. If someone is having trouble, it's probably not because of their dry glove rings.

I think a very good alternative to the Kubi rings is Si Tech QCS with the Waterproof Ultima rings. At least, I think "Si Tech QCS" is the correct term for the part that is glued into the suit sleeve. Whatever it is, I really mean whatever system allows you to use the WP Ultima rings.

I think the Kubi are better/nicer. But, I'm NOT at all convinced that the Kubi are worth the extra expense over using the WP Ultima setup. Ultima rings did not exist when I bought into Kubi, else that is probably what I would have.

I think the Kubi are better/nicer. But, I'm NOT at all convinced that the Kubi are worth the extra expense over using the WP Ultima setup.
I saw the pinky start to raise but you caught yourself:poke::rofl3:!!!!

Jk, lol

I like my Ultimas, they're a little bulky. I like that if I want to try the Rolock or the Si tech rings I can. I even have the Antares oval rings for warmer water and wet gloves.

I have only seen the kubi in person, they look nice, a little less bulky at least to the eye.

Why wouksnt
I saw the pinky start to raise but you caught yourself:poke::rofl3:!!!!

Jk, lol

I like my Ultimas, they're a little bulky. I like that if I want to try the Rolock or the Si tech rings I can. I even have the Antares oval rings for warmer water and wet gloves.

I have only seen the kubi in person, they look nice, a little less bulky at least to the eye.

Why would you want the Antares? By all accounts, it sucks.

Why wouksnt

The QCS oval rings are sometimes/often referred to as the Antares rings despite that Antares specifically refers to Si-Tech's low profile oval dryglove system that was designed to integrate with the QCS oval wrist rings.

-Z

75% of my diving is with multiple bottles in dry gloves.
I have a large box full of dry ring systems that suck. I have found two systems that work reliably and are easy to use. The ultima system by Waterproof works and works well. The Kubis work, and work well.
Personally, I use the waterproof system as it work for a third the cost of Kubis.
Ring diameter is an issue at first when working with multiple bottles, it truly is a skills issue. You will learn to manipulate them even with giant rings.

Why wouksnt

I have used the Antares suit ring because it's oval and a lower profile, but without the dry glove. I don't own the Anteras dryglove rings. I've used them in warmer water where gloves aren't needed. So it's just a silicone seal on my wrist.

They were really cheap to add when I ordered stuff from Seaskin so I figured why not. In reality I've used them twice...I just don't make it south as much as I'd like.

Edit: as @Zef pointed out above, I might be referring to my oval suit rings as Antares, but they should probably be called QCS oval wrist rings. My mistake.

Back
Top Bottom