dryglove rings on a bare shell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

babar

Contributor
Reaction score
how about it? Anyone using a dryglove system on a bare nexgen? what do you think? I hate my 5mm gauntlets. The smurf hands would have to be easier to work in than those. venting? innergloves?

babar

I use a pair of Atlas 490's (smurf gloves with built in insulation) on a Bare ATR HD. I own the ones with the removable liners, but they're less convenient.

I have some long underwear (EMS Midweight Bergelene) that has thumbholes, so the wrists of the underwear top slip under my wrist seals to allow equalization. Works great.

babar:
how about it? Anyone using a dryglove system on a bare nexgen? what do you think? I hate my 5mm gauntlets. The smurf hands would have to be easier to work in than those. venting? innergloves?

babar

Yes you can - I'm sure there are probably other systems, but I've installed "Skaana" glove system on it. Whites also has a set that is easier to install than the Skaana. Both come with innergloves, and venting tubes (although I just tuck the inner gloves under my wrist seal a crack as I always lose the tubes.)

babar:

babar

I use drygloves. Don't get ones with a built in liner. The liner will get wet at some point and it a pain in the butt to dry out again. Use thin inner gloves and put them on under the the seals. That way venting goes automaticly and if you blow a glove you can pull the inner glove out from under the seal to keep your suit from flooding. If that's not warm enough by itself you can wear 2nd innerglove over the seal too.

R..

I have to disagree with Diver0001. I used to put gloves on under the wrist seals and it's a PITA. You have to either do everything topside with drygloves on or get the inner gloves soaking wet. I much prefer keeping my hands free until I slip the drygloves on.

jonnythan:
I have to disagree with Diver0001. I used to put gloves on under the wrist seals and it's a PITA. You have to either do everything topside with drygloves on or get the inner gloves soaking wet. I much prefer keeping my hands free until I slip the drygloves on.

Erm.....HUH? Get the inner gloves wet? I'm not reading you. Pray tell.

R..

I think he's talking about putting the seperate glove liners on, then put the suit on so that the liners rest underneath the wrist seals. Then, the liners would have the potential to get wet while you got into your gear, and before you put the drygloves on over the liners.

Ah....oh.....hmmm....yeah. I can see how that would be a pain in the butt. I get everything totally ready to go before I put my suit on and then it's not a problem to do the rest with the outer gloves on. If you do things differently your liners could get wet. What also takes some getting used to is dealing with your neck seal with the liners on.

R..

Well the problem I had wasn't so much before the first dive, it was in between. If it's chilly enough to keep the drysuit on topside, you're stuck wearing the liners around. Whatever works, though.. but you might wanna try just pulling the wrist of your polypro under the seal or something, it works great for me.

Back
Top Bottom