Dry Tortugas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've heard several mention going to the Dry Tortugas over the last several months. I know I did a liveaboard there a while back and enjoyed the heck out of it! Came home with over 50lbs of fish which is seriously small potatoes for there but I was still happy. Mind you my first shot EVER was on said trip and that first shot stoned a 24lb Black Grouper :D Not too shabby for a newbie spearo :tongue:

Anywhoozle, I know SalmonBoy97 is really itching to go there. What I was wondering is how many others would be keen on going? If we have enough interested, I will check out rates and do all the leg work. I know of two liveaboards I would check with right off the top of my head. So, if you are keen, seriously keen, post up. If there is enought interest, I will make some calls and see what we can put together. :)

It would depend strongly on dates and pricing but I would love to go down there.

It would depend strongly on dates and pricing but I would love to go down there.

What he said

Definitely a good trip. We were on the Ultimate Getaway with Cap Rick. I believe he is out of Ft Myers.

I've heard several mention going to the Dry Tortugas over the last several months. I know I did a liveaboard there a while back and enjoyed the heck out of it! Came home with over 50lbs of fish which is seriously small potatoes for there but I was still happy. Mind you my first shot EVER was on said trip and that first shot stoned a 24lb Black Grouper :D Not too shabby for a newbie spearo :tongue:

Anywhoozle, I know SalmonBoy97 is really itching to go there. What I was wondering is how many others would be keen on going? If we have enough interested, I will check out rates and do all the leg work. I know of two liveaboards I would check with right off the top of my head. So, if you are keen, seriously keen, post up. If there is enought interest, I will make some calls and see what we can put together. :)

Ditto on what everyone has said. For me the more advance notice the better. I have to budget EVERYTHING. If it's not in my budget early enough I can't go or buy something.

Woop Woop! I might be down for that...

-J.-

I'm going next month with Tampa Adventure Sports for a picture only trip. I'll post the pics when I get back.

I am ready to go almost anytime. I just have to cear enough work out of the way! (This is the best time for me, the summer months are my slowest time of the year)

Sounds like a graet trip!!! I was signed up to go a year ago but the trip got blown out and cancelled due to a huricane. If the dates work out I would love to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom