Dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's something I encountered during my search for a male catheter.

http://www.rocm.com/02x06f.html

I think they send samples too, but since I'm not a woman, I can't (and don't really want to) imagine how you can do this before a dive...

Ditto, Sub and Ice.

If water temps are not in the 75°F range (as in the tropics), its the drysuit for me. Once you learn to use the suit, you;ll never go back to layers of think neoprene. Most of my diving was in the Great Lakes, the East Coast, and various other cold dark holes in the ground. Now, it's in the chilly Puget Sound. I've been under the ice in a wetsuit - and quickly asked the only guy on that dive wearing a drysuit where I too could get one.

Depends for looooong dives; a good strong bladder for the rest. Works well fo rmany of us.

SubMariner:
Paula, the "problem" is being blown way out of proportion. I've been using a drysuit for well over 10 years and most of the time it's a non-issue.

So don't be dissuaded from getting a drysuit. I'll never dive wet in temperate waters again!

Tks for the advice.

this is basically a plug to keep urine from coming out.

SmileMon:
Here's something I encountered during my search for a male catheter.

http://www.rocm.com/02x06f.html

I think they send samples too, but since I'm not a woman, I can't (and don't really want to) imagine how you can do this before a dive...

icegirl:
If you are not familiar with it, the mens pee valve works with a "Texas Catheter" meaning, it's basically a glued on condom with a tube on the end with a balanced, one way valve for overboard discharge. Nothing going through the urethra.

Yes but even these can result in infection. There is another post on another board about this very subject... YEOOOWWCH...

So you still need to be careful to sterlize the connection tube and flush the system with disinfectant...

Back
Top Bottom