dry suit storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think rolling the suit as opposed to folding it is always better, you want to make sure that you get no sharp edges into the suit that could cause a permanent dent or crease - which also true for wetsuits

I hang mine Zip open on a nice dry suit hanger as not to make any dents ect,,.with a bag over it in a dark cool spot,I wax and clean my zip after 2 or so dives and as the dive year slows down.

This is all good advice, thanks guys. One of you asked what type of suit. It is a 7mm neoprene body dry suit. Probably a minority type, because all I ever see are shell suits. Anyone thinks it makes a difference, storage-wise?

Mickey,
Go dig back through this forum. There is a really good discussion on dry suit zipper waxes and waxing techniques. Last active date of that thread is 1-12-2006.

moneysavr:
I hang mine Zip open on a nice dry suit hanger as not to make any dents ect,,.with a bag over it in a dark cool spot,I wax and clean my zip after 2 or so dives and as the dive year slows down.

I am with moneysavr... Hang mine zip open (outside zip close) on a NICE dry suit hanger in the 2nd restroom...... No light and NO heater and air condition.

hangernew1.GIF

hoosier:
I am with moneysavr... Hang mine zip open (outside zip close) on a NICE dry suit hanger in the 2nd restroom...... No light and NO heater and air condition.

hangernew1.GIF

I'm doing as these divers describe (7mm Atlan Sport) and have my hanger set so the boots stand on the floor carrying some of the weight to lessen pressure/tension on the suit,

Pete

I've owned 5 dry suits over the years,everything from neoprene to trilaminate-front zipper to back zipper,and have never had a storage issue. I normally buy the larger rubbermaid/sterlite boxes for storage,rolling it up in such a way to take stress off the zipper. The only advice I don't agree with is in the beginning of this thread,and that is to place talc on the seals for long term storage. This really isn't needed,and if you use scented talc this will damage the seals,purchase tire talc.

I'm not sure about the talc for storage purposes. It's function is to ease putting the gaskets on. Talc is very inert (if no other additives like scents), but I don't see it as "stabilizing" the gaskets for storage. If anything, the talc is highly absorbent, and may over time leach plasticizers in the rubber. But that will happen anyway, hence the need for replacing the gaskets from time to time.

I don't use talc. OS recommends seal saver for my HD Pro. thoroughly clean, dry, wax zipper, seal saver on latex seals with a soft cloth. then roll up starting with the feet, fold over arms, neck seal tuck, finish roll and store it in it's bag.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom