Dry suit seals at the M&G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T. Bix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My little (younger) bro picked up a dry suit and needs to install the seals before diving so it will be in fact .... dry. He picked up the dry heat and stick system that DRIS sells and some new seals. Does anybody that will be there have any experience with that system? and will you be available some time Saturday morning to give him any needed guidance? Thanx a bunch in advance, looking forward to the weekend!! see ya there!

My little (younger) bro picked up a dry suit and needs to install the seals before diving so it will be in fact .... dry. He picked up the dry heat and stick system that DRIS sells and some new seals. Does anybody that will be there have any experience with that system? and will you be available some time Saturday morning to give him any needed guidance? Thanx a bunch in advance, looking forward to the weekend!! see ya there!

Sure don't, but I have seen another method used successfully at the M&G. Unfortunately, I don't think either the duct taper, or the tapee, will be at M&G this year.

Won't be there, but I have used the heat seal tape. The video on the website is pretty explanatory. Biggest issue seemed to be getting ALL surfaces thoroughly cleaned with MEK as described. Used a heat gun (Wal-Mart) to soften. I ended up with a small leak, probably due to inadequate cleaning of the tape, as well as irregular surface over a seam, that was readily fixed with Aquaseal. Use of a few well-placed objects (2 liter bottles in wrists, child's ball in neck) and some soapy water on your fresh seals, and inflation with LP hose was helpful in leak detection.

BTW, credit where due: DRIS staff helped me find my leaks--my first attempt at seal work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom