Dry Suit - Need Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matohead

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have some advise on dry suits? I'm looking to extend my diving season. Local environment is inland quarries. I'm thinking tri-lam material, any suggestions/recommendations on different brands/types. Any suggestions on doing research on a dry suit?

All comments welcome!

get an abyss 2mm non-crushed neoprene suit. Mine is covered in Kevlar for added durability. since it is a solid material the buoyancy issues are negligible and it is warmer and more durable than a trilam.

it is essentially a commercial suit without the solid helmet ring lock. each is handmade to suit in canada.

Look at the DUI and Whites demo days. They are starting the season, with many events scheduled starting March. It's best to test one or several model from one supplier...
DUI has also a decent offer in their 'factory outlet' right now, depending on your size.

Then look at what the other divers in your area are using, which also apply to undergarments !

good luck, it's a long benchmarking process !!

Just bought the Whites "Fusion Bullet". Couldnt be happier. I just dove the Spiegel Grove in Key Largo. Was down for 40 minutes, all I had beneath the suit was the Under Armour 2.0 thermal underwear. Warm as toast ! The mobility was awesome as well. Give Avery at Silent World in Key Largo a call....he will fix you up.

I'll second the recommendation for the Fusion. I've had mine for three years and put about 450 dives on it. I've had two tiny leaks (and one I'm pretty sure I caused, when I put the p-valve in). I have used the Sport Skin until recently, with X-shorts over it for pockets. I recently bought the Bullet skin, but the jury is still out on that change.

Still, the suit is inexpensive, as dry suits go, has fabulous mobility, and is proving more durable than either of the other two suits I have owned. And Whites will let you try before you buy!

For a very tough and inexpensive front-entry self-donning suit, the Pinnacle Evolution II is hard to beat! I got mine off ebay brand new for $640. It's 100% cordura outer layer and is hard to beat for toughness.

Skarn

+1 on the Pinnacle Evo 2. Due to the whole Zeagle/Pinnacle debacle, they can be had for cheap. I got mine from LDS and couldn't be happier. On the other hand, my buddy just got his Fusion Bullet and he swears by it.

Szymon

Anyone have some advise on dry suits? I'm looking to extend my diving season. Local environment is inland quarries. I'm thinking tri-lam material, any suggestions/recommendations on different brands/types. Any suggestions on doing research on a dry suit?

All comments welcome!

I dive year round in SW KY. I dive a custom fitted DUI TLS 350 with zip seals. I can vary my undergarments for the water, from warm to the 42* at the bottom of the quarry. I have the zip seals so that I can change efficeintly from wrist seals & bare hands to dry gloves. I have been nothing but happy with this drysuit.

I suggest getting a drysuit certification class and then doing a few dives before buying the suit.

look in to OS systems for a trilam i just ordered one and i went of the recommendations of a guy that does 300 dives a year and had this suit since 2002. i went for the hd pro. not bad for the price either mines under 2500, it probably going to be less dont know yet i haven't got the final price yet but thats what the lds is guessing. and thats a full custom suit with under ware too.

OS SYSTEMS - The Drysuit People

and dont forget the buzz pinnacle is either going away or its coming out under zeagle name. there are a lot of guesses on this.

Back
Top Bottom