Dry Suit - Need Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

while i agree that quality is not really of much concern with most modern brands, features make a big difference. Style, material and such makes a HUGE difference.

I hate attached boots. Other love them. Each type of material has its pros and cons. Crushed neoprene feels much different than a trilam or shell. Some types of features can only be found in a specific brand. DUI has zip seals. While other products from sitech are similar, nothing is as simple (or pricey) as the zip seals.

I agree that must trilams are pretty much the same. I would tell you to buy one that fits you and your budget. That said, trilams are not the best suit for all situations and have downsides. Until you dive/try the different styles, it is hard to really understand the differences.

I use a Sea Tux, it just goes on like putting shoes on, the well worn ones you love.

Getting into a drysuit is like Batman doing his costume change down the bat pole, it just happens. Feet in shoes, pull up, hands in and out appropriate holes, head up and through neck hole. ask friend to zip zipper in back, pull loop to confirm sealed. Drysuit is easiest exposure protection I have ever used.

Thanks for the advise, I've taken a dry-suit specialty and I'm replacing a very old viking DS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom