dry suit humbled me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Believe it or not I had a blast and don't worry about a thing. We've all been there and struggled with our first dives in a drysuit. I told you about my first dive in a drysuit that was in 80' of water. What I forgot to tell you was that I was soooo scared of a runaway ascent, that I hardly added any air at all. When I finally took my suit off, I had massive hickies everywhere; and I mean EVERYWHERE! :eek:

did your buddies tell you about their first drysuit dives?
I remember when one of my cohorts got himself a new suit & weight belt... he's a short wide guy, built like a bulldozer, so he had a good 12" of extra length in the suit's legs.
He was sawing some piling off at the mudline & his feet started filling with air. (got sand/mud in the inflator button & it stuck ON when he laid on it)
He started to rise, feet first, at which time the 65 lb weightbelt shifted to his armpits. I heard him cussing over the comms when his feet broke the surface & he was bobbing there upside down like a channel marker. All he needed was a bell 'tween his heels.
I pulled him in by his hose while I picked up a few new swear words in a couple different languages. He uses dog collars around the ankles now. wink

Drysuits are fun when you first get them..... someone should have shot video of me in my pool when I got my first one :D It would have been great comedy.....

Bob3:
He started to rise, feet first, at which time the 65 lb weightbelt shifted to his armpits. I heard him cussing over the comms when his feet broke the surface & he was bobbing there upside down like a channel marker. All he needed was a bell 'tween his heels.
Love it!!!

By the way... why do the call you Bob? And is there a significance to the 3?
Actually... nobody really calls me Bob, all my friends know my "secret name".
As far as the 3 goes, a salvage outfit I used to work for on the Great Lakes always had the number 3 in their barge & derrick's name & nobody knew why.
I'm just keeping up the tradition. :D

Uh oh... about to break out into a Beach Boys song.... hey, I have a sister named Barbara...
whoa... this is getting wierd.
Maybe i't still a holdover from yesterday when I was almost sucked into the 4th dimension after i got this darn Linux machine to copy a folder into itself, folding space & time back into itself and disappearing from this physical plane of existence ...

Back
Top Bottom