Dry suit hood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atlas750

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a used dry suit, now I need a hood. I got a trilam (Mobby's) with latex seals. Most of my diving is in Texas and the water rarely gets below 50 degrees. Any recommendations on a hood? Is there any difference than a wetsuit hood? Thanks for the help.:confused:

Most drysuit hoods dont have the expanded neck area like a regular hood would. They stop shortly after the top of the neck seal. I use the bare drysuit hood that zips up the back. I really like the zipper as it makes putting the hood on much easier.

Thanks.

And what can you say about this one?

I cost aprox. $46 in my local dive shop. Made from 5.5mm neopren. They said that it desined for using with dry suit.

Now i'm use Aqualung Safaga (as at picture below) 5mm hood and i think it's cold in 38-40 degree water. I want something more suitible for cold water

Pinnacle makes great exposure protection. We just bought some Pinnacle inventory and haven't had time to put it on the store yet, but it should be in the next few days.

the top one looks like it would be hard to get the mask to seal on your face... or am i just missing something here?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom