Dry suit for stocky build

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm going to echo the suggestion of getting a custom fit suit. Nothing quite like diving a suit that's made for you

My husband has a whites catalyst custom made when he was almost exactly your size. He lost weight and it's too big (he dives a fusion now). We are also in the Chicago area. PM me if interested. It may need new seals so the price would reflect that.

deborah

My issue is the width of the calc area. I found that I have hard time putting my feet fully in with this undergarment. At the beginning, I thought it was the skin. So I removed the skin and try to put on the dry core only. The issue is the calc area is kind of tight. I don't think I should be using X/XL suit. I also don't want to go to a thinner undergarment. So hmm, White's claim about everything will fit into 5 size is kind of exageration. Have that said, I do like how the suit dive after I put it on.

i use Sailkote which makes it easy to get the suit on. It is where my booties go over my undergarment and it is thick that causes and issue getting my feet back out. I usually wind up pulling my leg undergarment out, then grabbing the heel of the suit and pulling it off. Half the time the booties stay in the suit. The downfall is I know I am damaging my DUI 400g undergarment upon every removal.

I have a Rofos from DiveRightinScuba and it is a kickass suit, not the cheapest out there though.
USIA Techniflex Front Zip Drysuit | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba
I've had a couple of these suits and they are truly spectacular. $1700 gets you a custom cut suit with a balanced P-Valve, really damn hard to beat that.
Call Mike and he can talk you through it. He's super easy to deal with. The Technifit is probably another $100 or so more, and is worth the upgrade IMHO since the material is a bit more flexible. That is the best bang for buck drysuit out there and has been for a long time. The custom cutting is so cheap because each suit is built to order, so for them to custom cut it doesn't really add much cost

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom