Dry Suit entry type

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaphilic_ca:
dSince we have covered the donning what about once in the suit? Since the self entry I like the idea of being able to relieve oneself without having to strip down once on the surface, somehow I am not gutsy enough to cut up a perfectly good suit, and also have to bare in mind the effect of the cold.....to quote George on Seinfeld: "Shrinkage, there was definite shrinkage!" so I am not sure how much I would trust the catheter idea.
Trust me on this one. That catheter isn't going to come off while you are under water. Getting the thing off is one of the problems with the p-valve system. Those screams you hear around the North Florida caves in the evening aren't the panthers. It's cave divers getting catheters off after a day of cave diving.
As to punching a hole in an expensive suit. Use a sharp punch or a sharpened .45 Caliber shell casing. Then Aqua Seal. Check The deco stop website for instructions.
http://www.thedecostop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89.

Here is the classic on the p-valve. http://www.thedecostop.com/forum...___________ Paul Berry www.innerrealm.co.nz

One of the initial questions was regarding number of panels as regards fit. It may not be relevant, but in the world of cycling shorts, the more panels, the better the fit. It seems to make common sense, too.

I have a Bare Nex-Gen back entry drysuit. I don't know about front entry, but getting into that rear-entry suit is much easier than getting into a seven-millimeter rear-entry wetsuit any day.

Wow, thanks for that great little tidbit there! But I still feel kind of weird about the whole idea. But that is not my original concern.

I would love to hear some more ideas and comments on the suit entry type best suited for a larger diver.

charlieo:
Here is the classic on the p-valve. http://www.thedecostop.com/forum... I don't have to deal with this... :sofa:

Seems like a bunch of old guys that pee a bunch and like to slide things on their wankys and hook up hose's to em,,,.Oh well boys and their toys!

Hey Front zip runs a few bucks more and cost more to repalce but I think it would be my choice for a large guy for easy don/dof
try both and you make the call,
Brad

My first suit was a Poseidon Unisuit which was a contraption to get into. What I have now is a Dive Concepts Z-Flex. I am about six feet and after the holidays weigh something on the order of 230. Lets just say I have a barrel which falls into the specifications to which you seek. I am not up to speed on the spec's of the Bare models in question, but here is why I chose the DC Z-flex. For starters it has a front zip and is self donning. As I solo dive, thats important to me. Even when I'm not, I'm usually helping others get ready so I'm the last one in. This suit also has a telescoping torso, which gives more room in the suit to wiggle in and out of it. Note: when the suit is on, it has a crotch strap that takes up any extra material. This suit also comes stock with built in suspenders. These not only hold the suit up when you are half out of it on a warm day bettween dives, but they also keep things in place during the dive. that is the crotch of the suit can't slip down and your legs retain full range of motion. Something very important if your climb back onto a boat with just a swim step and no ladder. Found that out the hard way. I bought mine through a brick and mortar dive shop for $995.00. It came with a bag that doubles as a dry changing platform, a Drysuit DVD and zipper wax. As far as I'm concerned the price was right. So far in using the suit it has kept me dry and with the proper under garments, warm too. I like the feel in the water of the Trilam much better then the neoprene too. Much less constictive. Much better bouyancy characteristic's too. As for how it looks on me. If I can dive it comfortably, I could care less. I'm not going diving to pick up chicks as salty as a pirate that I am(arrrrrrgh). I just want something that works. The DC Z-Flex works for me.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom