Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gribeiro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone know where I can get a kit with dry gloves and wrist rings for a good price?

Thanks,

Gus

PM Bob3, he will hook you up with a Viking ring kit and gloves for less than anyone else can.

Here's the drysuit ring kit page, but note that we've sold out of the size 10 Viking gloves.
A reasonable replacement can be had from Harbor Freight for about $6 - they call them alternately "sandblasting gloves" and "plumber's gloves". Some trimming of the gauntlet is in order.
Viking Bayonet Dry Glove Ring Kits

Hey Bob,

Is the Bell Cuff to replace the cuff's on an existing suit, or do you use it as a cuff with a set of rings? Or am I totally confused?

Option #2 is to keep an eye out in the for sale sections here and on DecoStop. Use ring sets come up every few weeks, from what I've noticed, so if you don't need it right away, you can save quite a bit, since the plastic bits are pretty durable and used ones generally work just as well as new ones. You may have less choice on the exact type you end up with, however (viking vs. DC rings vs. etc).

I use the viking classic ring kits and buy my gloves from the Magid glove co. out of Chicago for $4.00 a pair . You can reach them at magidglove.com The model glove is an R935-10 . The 10 refers to the size which is a large . We wear a light wool liner underneath or you can go to a slightly larger size such as a 101/2 and wear a heavier liner for extremely cold or longer duration dives . They sell the gloves buy the dozen
which should last you for many years . With this system even if you tear a glove your suit will still be sealed by the wrist seal . Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom