Dry glove systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron, use the tubes in both wrist seals. If you don't air will force past the seal on descent but not on ascent and you will have mickeymouse gloves... very annoying and difficult to work with.

Your gloves will not *pop off* with the tubes. Wrist dump makes no difference (other than being a much better location IMO)

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
Aaron, use the tubes in both wrist seals. If you don't air will force past the seal on descent but not on ascent and you will have mickeymouse gloves... very annoying and difficult to work with.

Your gloves will not *pop off* with the tubes. Wrist dump makes no difference (other than being a much better location IMO)

To clarify, you are saying that my forearm dump will not present a problem with venting air from the suit? Chris @ COVCI suggested that a slight bend at the wrist should help prevent excess air making it's way to the glove and not out the dump valve.

I'm planning on ordering this system as soon as I get my suit back from the shop. It looks like a great system!

Here's a link:

http://www.divingconcepts.com/link1.htm

Great tip UP on length of tubing. Is there any preferred glove insertion location for the tubing that you have found and why. Top, bottom, heel of hand or other...

I have several sets of Diving Concept gloves Aaron.

I insert the tubes at the heel of the hand but only because it is easier for me to do.

I hold the tube with the fingers of the hand I am tubing and with the fingers of the other hand pull the seal open... then I insert the tubing under the seal.

I don't know how I would do it on the back of the hand.

Athough tubing is a good idea it isn't the only one. All you are trying to do is break the seal between the wrist seal and your wrist.
what I do is stitch ( hand or machine stitch ) a tail to my glove liner. You can use any fabric even a short legth of shoe lace. This allows air to pass back and forth.

One of the reasons I do this is that I will sometimes take my glove off under water. Since the tail is attached to the liner it pills out from under the seal and I get minimum water leakage. I can later put the glove back on and just dive with a wet hand.

If you are wondering why on earth I would remove a glove. I feel the interaction with Giant Pacific Octopus and some other critters is more interesting for them and me with a bare hand. They do have sensitive skin you know.

Just another idea.

Gunter

Thanks for the info. Gunter! This week, I made the purchase of the Del-rings and O-rings from OS-Systems, and the package showed up in just 2 days. I'm going to drive down to Seattle Marine for the gloves this weekend and then I'm set.

I didn't think I'd be able to get drygloves for under a hundred bucks, but thanks to you, I've got'em for WAY under $100.00! :cash:

Happy Holidays,

Rick

retnug once bubbled...
I started with the OS-Systems dry glove system which included rings and latex gloves. The only problem is that the latex gloves are thin and eventually wear out but you will notice that the gloves are over $30 to replace. You could buy the rings and the o-rings listed here. ( toward the bottom.

http://www.ossystems.com/pricelists/repair.html
( you would need the 4 Del-rings and the 4 o-rings, totaling $58.00 )

Then get the outer gloves from this place.

https://ssl2.adhost.com/seamar/merchant.cfm?pid=31488&step=4

and liners.

https://ssl2.adhost.com/seamar/merchant.cfm?pid=49400&step=4

This is the set up I currently use. This is much cheaper and you won't fret puncturing or ripping a glove since replacements are less that $4.

UP... you will notice this place is in Seattle.

Gunter

Back
Top Bottom