Dry-glove options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just put on a rolock 3 ring system on my dui this weekend. It was very stilf at first. 1 make sure you have fully seated and pressed in the o rings between the suit side ring and the glove side ring, that made it a ton easier. 2 good amount of silicone grease, 3 sit on the couch and just lock them in a few dozen times and it is very easy to lock in now.

Thanks I will try these. One the Rolock 90 though, the only O-rings were the ones I installed on the blue rings that went inside the gloves. There were no O-rings on the rings connecting the sleeve and glove sections that lock in via the twist.

Thanks I will try these. One the Rolock 90 though, the only O-rings were the ones I installed on the blue rings that went inside the gloves. There were no O-rings on the rings connecting the sleeve and glove sections that lock in via the twist.

If there is no o ring where the two rings mate how is a watertight seal formed?

If there is no o ring where the two rings mate how is a watertight seal formed?

I don't know. There's a longer video on putting this system together and the only O-rings I saw on that vid were the ones that fit over the blue rings that go inside the gloves

I don't know. There's a longer video on putting this system together and the only O-rings I saw on that vid were the ones that fit over the blue rings that go inside the gloves
The o ring is already mounted so that’s why you didn’t see it. It’s there to make the seal between the glove ring and the suit ring. That’s why you add a bit of grease before dining them, it helps with the rotation movement.

OKay I finally see it. I was fixated on the inner part of the ring where the slot is. Hopefully by leaving the glove attached for a few days it will help compress the O-ring a bit

Send me a pm for my phone number and I will help to answer all your questions about any and/or all of the following glove systems:

1. Rolock 90
2. Rolock 1/2/3
3. Waterproof Ultima DGS
4. Fourth Element Ellipse
5. Si-Tech Antares
6. Si-Tech Glove Lock
7. Si-Tech Quick Glove
8. Kubi

I can assist with general questions, compatibility, setup, doffing/donning, care and feeding, etc.

-Z

OKay I finally see it. I was fixated on the inner part of the ring where the slot is. Hopefully by leaving the glove attached for a few days it will help compress the O-ring a bit

The o-ring has nothing to do with how tight/loose the Rolock 90 twists together. Attaching the glove rings to the suit rings will only serve to compress the sealing o-ring...while this should not have a great affect on the o-ring as that is basically "dive mode", it is not a good idea to store them locked together for long periods of time as distortion of the o-ring can create issues with the ability of it to seal.

The proper way to don/doff the glove rings are to make a fist with your hand in the gloves and twist your wrist and hand...it may help to steady the suit side ring with your opposite hand while twisting the glove ring you want to put on or remove.

I indexed my rings to the space between my thumb and index finger...this made it easier to line things up, easier to see the alignment dots on the rings, and more comfortable when twisting on and off the glove rings.

Gobs of grease is not needed and will oy make a mess and attract dirt which will muck things up.

Twisting the glove rings on/off should take some force but not an excessive amount.

-Z

Thanks, I'll try these suggestions. Another quick question -- if I choose to keep using my drysuit when the water warms up a bit and not don my dry gloves but use thinner 3 mm wet gloves instead for a dive, would there be any issues exposing the thin O-ring on the sleeves side to the elements?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom