Dry-glove options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find the system to be extremely tight to remove. It takes another person to twist on/off. DRIS did make the mistake of not lining up the tabs properly on one glove. I just live with it for now as it doesn't leak.

I do hope that over time, I'll be able to don/doff gloves by myself. I've succeeded sometimes, but man, it isn't easy. Still the right choice for me so far as compared to my experience with SiTech and DUI zipped gloves

LOL!

Mine is nowhere near that easy!
Mine have always been easy installed, just trying the rings alone it didn’t look like it would work but on the trilam suit no problem. I don’t over grease them to keep sand from sticking.

Mine have always been easy installed, just trying the rings alone it didn’t look like it would work but on the trilam suit no problem. I don’t over grease them to keep sand from sticking.
Interesting. Mine are lightly greased. I try to avoid overgreasing for that exact reason. Maybe I should add just a little bit of grease and see how much of a difference it makes.

So once these are "set" you can't really twist the ring anywhere, correct? I like that with the WP system I can twist the ring to suit what feels best without having to line anything up, even underwater.

To the OP, the contenders for dry gloves that I've seen are Kubi, Waterproof, and Rolock 90... you'll find each system has it's own followers. I think for the most part people are happy with whichever of those 3 they choose (there are exceptions of course:)). I'm super happy with my Waterproof system. They just work.. I've had 3 leaks, never from anything other than user error. 2 were fibers stuck in the ring and a 3rd was actually a small pinhole in the glove.

So once these are "set" you can't really twist the ring anywhere, correct? I like that with the WP system I can twist the ring to suit what feels best without having to line anything up, even underwater.

To the OP, the contenders for dry gloves that I've seen are Kubi, Waterproof, and Rolock 90... you'll find each system has it's own followers. I think for the most part people are happy with whichever of those 3 they choose (there are exceptions of course:)). I'm super happy with my Waterproof system. They just work.. I've had 3 leaks, never from anything other than user error. 2 were fibers stuck in the ring and a 3rd was actually a small pinhole in the glove.
The are set but easy to make sure where you want them, ultima is nice for not lining anything up but you really can’t be off by much since your hand has only so much rotation, likely even less rotation than normal after mounting the glove to the ring.

I find the RoLock the easiest to use over all but I haven’t dumped my ultima yet which I use on the neoprene suit.

The are set but easy to make sure where you want them, ultima is nice for not lining anything up but you really can’t be off by much since your hand has only so much rotation, likely even less rotation than normal after mounting the glove to the ring.

I find the RoLock the easiest to use over all but I haven’t dumped my ultima yet which I use on the neoprene suit.

So do you have to line the inner ring where you want it before you clip it in? That makes sense.

I like my WP rings enough that I can't find a reason to get rid of them. They take some force to pull apart, but not too bad. I really enjoy having warmer dry hands.

So do you have to line the inner ring where you want it before you clip it in? That makes sense.

I like my WP rings enough that I can't find a reason to get rid of them. They take some force to pull apart, but not too bad. I really enjoy having warmer dry hands.
You put them on, rotate out to line up and twist in to lock, I like the WP even though sometimes when it cold it’s a little tough to get them pushed on all the way. Putting the glove on the WP ring is the stuff of nightmares.

You put them on, rotate out to line up and twist in to lock, I like the WP even though sometimes when it cold it’s a little tough to get them pushed on all the way. Putting the glove on the WP ring is the stuff of nightmares.

Agreed about the o ring:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom