Driving from Cairns to Sydney what should I not miss?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask:
Thanks guys for your help, I will get the map out and find the locations. As to your winter, I live on the Canadian prairies we don't stop wearing sandals until it hits -20. At -40 we start thinking about gloves.

I'm in Manila right now but being from Saskatoon, a little north of you, I understand...:D I always get funny looks when I show up at the Saskatoon airport when it is -30 and I'm wearing shorts and sandals...

Diver Dennis:
I'm in Manila right now but being from Saskatoon, a little north of you, I understand...:D I always get funny looks when I show up at the Saskatoon airport when it is -30 and I'm wearing shorts and sandals...
Saskatoon eh? Never heard of it but it sounds like a cold and barren place.:crafty:

Zer0:
While in Maroochydore I'd definately check out the Ex-HMAS Brisbane. Trips leave from Mooloolaba which is just down the road.

I second the Yongala recommendation, It's a top dive!

What is the water temps there in early June, I had planned on just bringing my 3 mil for Cairns, will I have to rent something warmer for these southern dives?

hubby says (he keeps logs) that June usually avg 19 to 16C

for me - thats freakin cold!!!!!!!!!

you could always pick up one of those sharkskin vests to wear under your suit to bulk up on warmth

hopefully i will have my drysuit by then :wink:

Sask:
.....As to your winter, I live on the Canadian prairies we don't stop wearing sandals until it hits -20. At -40 we start thinking about gloves.

I didn't think anyone in the Prairies actually wore sandals, unless they are originally from the west coast?

We take 'em off around 0C (+/- 1C), its just that much more civilized in Ontario.

Ducking and runnng,

Rick
(BC born/raised, Ontario is home - Currently visiting Australia for 4 months)

Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - diving in melbourne!!! off to get my hot water bottle... just mentioning it gives me the shivers!

glad youre like our country (except for the parking cops & speed police that is :wink: )

We had an incredible time diving Byron Bay (writeup is here). Still, of all the places we've gone, it ranks high in sheer number of fish and schools of fish, in numbers of sharks, and in sightings of rays and turtles. The town is self-consciously charming and the restaurants are good. I'd highly recommend a stop there.

Back
Top Bottom