DRIS Shorty vs Hollis LED3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing wrong with the sock. The OP said he wanted it as a backup light for cavern/cave diving. In that case it is going to be in a pocket until needed. Then take it out, turn it on, and put the sock on your hand. No problem.

I agree that diving with it on your hand and then trying to turn it on is difficult. I would prefer a different switch mechanism than a twist-on. It makes a great backup light. Not quite as good as a primary light.

I have the DRIS shorty with the goodman sock. I really like that combo. I use the light as a backup, and with the soft goodman, it makes a very compact package. The soft handle can be wrapped around the light so it essentially takes up no space. I agree with the shortcomings of a twist light in a soft handle, HOWEVER, if you just turn it on and leave it on, it works fine. It's not difficult to activate the light inside the handle, it just twists around a lot if you try turning it on or off when it is already on your hand.

I have the shorty and sock. I solved the issue of slipping by spreading on some silicone caulk on the inside of the sock. Now I can turn the light in and off without it slipping in the sock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom