DRIS Dive Gear 1000 Lumen Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last night at class, one of the other instructor helpers had this light DRIS Dive Gear 1000 Lumen Dive Light | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL
He had used it on a trip to the Turks, and liked it a lot. It seemed pretty heavy to me. Has anyone used this light and can comment, either pro or con, on it?
I have two for backups and so does my husband. Great lights. My only complaint is that I have extremely small hands and some nerve damage. I have a little bit of trouble turning them on, especially underwater with thick wet gloves in cold water.
my husband never has that problem and adding a teeny bit of o-lube lubricant did help but I still have to work to turn it on.
they are really bright, which I love!

It is a great light espeically for the cost. It will be too bright for tropical/clear water night dive. They are a bit on the heavy side above water. But once under, I think it's just slightly negative. I take this over any positively buoyant lights any day. My only complain (small) is the length. If they make it slightly shorter, it will be a perfect light.

I have a little bit of trouble turning them on, especially underwater with thick wet gloves in cold water.

FWIW: with twist on/twist off lights I try to turn them on/off at the surface. Even with 3 o-rings, there's a risk of flooding IMHO when you twist 'em at depth.

I dove with mine a couple of weekends ago on a lake dive. I never got deep enough for it to get dark but I did turn it on while at 30'. It still lit up pretty much anything I pointed it at. As for the tracydr's issue with turning on the light. I thought about cutting up some smaller bicycle tube to roll up on the handle and the head of the light for a better gripping surface. Tracy...I will try it out this weekend and get back to you on how it works. If you try it before I do let us know how it worked out okay?

I took a light monkey canister 21W LED light canister light, DRIS 1000, and an Intova light with me on my trip down to do some cave diving earlier this year. During a loss of light drill I turned off my Light Monkey, and had to exit the cave using the DRIS 1000. There wasn't much difference. Honestly the spill wasn't as good as the LM 21w, but it was still fantastic. It can easily be used as a primary light. For the price, it can't be beat. This is one of the purchases that you can't regret. It is cheap, bright, and durable.

Back
Top Bottom