DRIS Dive Gear 1000 Lumen Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malpaso

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got 4:

If weight is an issue they also have a "shorty" version. I modified mine for video use and had to make floats to compensate for the weight.

I've got 4:

If weight is an issue they also have a "shorty" version. I modified mine for video use and had to make floats to compensate for the weight.

I have 2 and a shorty . I love mine. If you are concerned about weight try the HOG morph back up light about 1/2 the weight ( it feels that way) and as bright but with a more diffused beam both are about 120.00 and great value for the money. I would not hesitate to buy more of them and I am sure that I will have to as my kids are coming into town in two weeks and they tend to adopt my gear

pick either one you will not be sorry

I have the short version. Love it.

The only thing I'd do to improve it would be to make it able to have a focused beam (like it currently does) and a flood setting. The light is so bright that if you're filming, it washes out everything in the beam. If it had a flood setting (or another light just like it only a full flood version) it would be better.

That being said, I liked it enough that I showed it to the guys at my local shop and they all use it now too.

Reactions: Jax
I recently bought both the standard and shorty.

Both are, by and large, the best bang for buck lights on the market. I'm shooting myself for waiting so long to pick them up. As mentioned the shorty is a smaller, lighter alternative with a much shorter battery life. However, you will always be balancing burn time, battery (weight), and brightness - so you need to pick what's most important to you. I use both regularly, depending on the situation.

Great light, great price and a great retailer. We own several. The batteries last a long time so you are not always thinking about them and they are cheap enough to have a spare along.

What is the expected run time of the AA batteries in the shorty v. the C batteries in the regular size?

Shorty is a good looking light but I found it to be bigger, heavier and less bright than LFM 3XPG Dive Light.
Price is different but down the road I can easily use 3XPG on my helmet, store it in the pocket and traveling with those is just less space and weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom