Drain the Oceans - Chicago on National Geographic TV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to make time to watch it this weekend - most of the safety divers are my charter buddies. :)

When I first saw "Drain Chicago" I of course thought of something else entirely.

It was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed it. It was nice to see Tami Thomsen on the show.

I finally watched the episode and I was quite impressed with the Lady Elgin segment. I will be trying to hunt down the CGI footage of the sinking for future use.

Few know that less than 2 months after the Lady Elgin went down, the larger and more luxurious Keystone State sank in Lake Huron with all hands and was also in bad condition on the bottom.

I also read in a local newspaper that the late Harry Zych's lawyer issued a statement about people trespassing on the wreck as it is still privately owned by his foundation.

The Rouse Simmons feature was interesting, but they left a lot out for my liking (understanding that it is an hour show).

Until a few years ago one charter boat captain had permission to take divers to the Lady Elgin, which is how I was able to dive it. Since Captain Dale retired I don’t know whether anyone else has obtained permission.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom