dragonfly..how much lift?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My brother has a Dragonfly A.T. size large, that is about an 2002 model. He just got a drysuit and needs more lead on his belt. How many pounds of lift does the B.C. have.

Thanks

If you can't find a manual that tells you, or if you want to verify the lift of that specific BCD, the easiest way is to fill it with water.

1. Weigh the BCD.

2. Take off a shoulder dump and fill the bladder with water. Weigh it again.

The difference in the two weights is the actual lift capacity of that BCD.

Although more awkward, you can fill the BCD with water through the oral inflator, although you may wet down the BCD and make initial weight measurement invalid. In that case, just reweigh the BCD after dumping out the water to get an adjusted empty weight.

Charlie Allen

The Dragon A/T in size large has 44lbs of lift capacity. I have yet to hear from the average recreational user that it hasn't afforded enough.

Just so you know, we didn't launch the Dragon model bcd until 2006. So make sure you are talking about the same bcd. You may just have your dates mixed up?

Best,

Zak

It's a Dragonfly A/t not a Dragon A/T. I have the same one and bought mine in 2001. Mine is a size Med. and it has 32lb. of lift. picture below

You are right. Sorry my eyes must be getting older. While these are different bcd's bouyancy will be similar. I will try to dig into some older information and get the specs. Try to post tomorrow.

Best,

Our 2001 information suggests the size L has 39.5 lbs of lift.

Hope this helps.

Zak

Thanks for the quick response!
This will help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom