Draft DIMWIT Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My personal experience is with the kind you make with a dozer. No experience whatsoever with diving any type of water during a sandstorm. We'll be looking to you for that. I DO have some experience diving during a sleet/snowstorm and may have some wisdom to share there.

We'll also need a section about temporary stock tanks. That would be the kind that we had around here last year.

Need a section on spearfishing in 0-2 vis. Tried that once at Lake Fairfield. **** Tilapia.

With visibility <3' you don't need to spear any fish. That would be covered under guideline #5. A section on knifing techniques may be a good addition, however.

I had my knife but didn't have the plate to put the fish on so he wouldn't cut so good.

Maybe I should wait for the CliffsNotes to come out.

My personal experience is with the kind you make with a dozer. No experience whatsoever with diving any type of water during a sandstorm. We'll be looking to you for that. I DO have some experience diving during a sleet/snowstorm and may have some wisdom to share there.

Excellent! I've built a few of those, so maybe you can share some techniques to provide a better diving opportunity during the construction of said "dive park".

Unfortunately, I left the South Plains area shortly after getting certified, so I have not had the opportunity to dive a sandstorm. Although, it would've been nice to have a mask and regulator while walking around the TTU campus during those storms! :D

Back during the monsoons, I suggested Bar Ditch diving. Could we make that a DIMWIT specialty? Please? Pretty Please?

This is my DIMWIT tribute to one of the founding fathers of DIMWIT diving:

Widely regarded as one of the world&#8217;s most capable and talented D.I.M.W.I.T. divers &#8211; and a person only too willing to share his knowledge and opinion with others - K-valve continues to exercise a profound influence over the direction taken by D.I.M.W.I.T. diving in the last year.

Thank you and all the founding fathers of the DIMWIT diver movement.

:rofl3:

Last edited:
Timeliner would be a #1 also. He's the one that tested and perfected the zip tie brake caliper repair technique.

.....that Frank and I co-authored the envioro-mental friendly lead free weight system...

see photo

~tony

Attachments

• Frank.1.JPG
    Frank.1.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 58
As a displaced native of The Island (that would be Long Island to the uninformed among you) - I’d be happy to act as your guide and interpreter of native Texas diving culture when you come down do your DIMWIT certification dives. I’m do need to ask -What exit? – It might have an impact on your eventual standing among the DIMWITs.

If I understand Jersey diving correctly - you would be the most qualified to write the DIMWIT manual section on the correct use of pony bottles - please include graphs and charts about the time to imminent death vs. bottle size vs. how you sling/attach the bottle.

Well let's see that would be exit 5. South central Jersey for those that have no idea what the hell we are talking about.

As far as the pony bottle is concerned, MY proper DIMWIT version of how to carry a pony is mounted to my main tank on the right hand side, upside down because it easier to reach the valve and keeps all the hoses from my pony and main from getting all jumbled (Pony reg, SPG for pony, inflator hose for lift bag, dry suit hose, main reg hose). O course the valve is off but system pressurized.

Now let us talk about size. Nothing less than a 30 cubic ft. (Must be the Texas in me, everythings gotta be bigger). The 13 just as well be a spare air, the 19 may suffice but if you gotta look for the damn downline you are screwed and the 40 is only if you are a hoover.

How did I do?

I have personal experience bobbing feet up in a dry suit. I can pass pointers and techniques along to any divers who would like to pursue this unique and delightful experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom