Draft DIMWIT Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been following these threads for the last week or so and have thoroughly enjoyed the whole DIMWIT diving theme. Questions - Can I be a DIMWIT diver even though I'm from Jersey and is it ok to use lots of surgical tubing on my gear or does this disqualify me somehow?

I'm expecting other DIMWIT's to provide guidance in their own areas of expertise. I think my background qualifies me to comment on stock tanks with limited experience poaching golf balls while freediving at night. I put my knowledge in the former up against anyone.

Been following these threads for the last week or so and have thoroughly enjoyed the whole DIMWIT diving theme. Questions - Can I be a DIMWIT diver even though I'm from Jersey and is it ok to use lots of surgical tubing on my gear or does this disqualify me somehow?

No one is disqualified for DIMWIT diving. I think you would just need to join us in Texas to make it official. :D

Shawn O>

No one is disqualified for DIMWIT diving. I think you would just need to join us in Texas to make it official. :D

Shawn O>

You guys sound like a blast!! Gonna have to work on that.

I think TexDiveGuy has the expertise cornered on surgical tubing uses/applications/notes/theory/practicum/etc. I could be wrong about this but that's just my observation.

Insert between 8 & 9:

Gear should be configured based on the divers personal preference. Other divers may or may not understand your reasoning, but that is there problem. After all, you know that they are secretly jealous of your creative genius.

Never criticize another divers gear configuration. They are secretly a creative genius. If you feel that their gear configuration will place you or them in some jeopardy, see guideline # 2.

I'd like to take the stock tank speciality. Is it "natural" stock tanks, or does it include man-made (i.e. well fed, windmill, etc)? What about metal stock tanks? Or Concrete? I'm originally from the Amarillo / Lubbock area, so what about diving in stock tanks during a sand storm? Geez, the education opportunities are endless!

As a displaced native of The Island (that would be Long Island to the uninformed among you) - I’d be happy to act as your guide and interpreter of native Texas diving culture when you come down do your DIMWIT certification dives. I’m do need to ask -What exit? – It might have an impact on your eventual standing among the DIMWITs.

If I understand Jersey diving correctly - you would be the most qualified to write the DIMWIT manual section on the correct use of pony bottles - please include graphs and charts about the time to imminent death vs. bottle size vs. how you sling/attach the bottle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom