Dr. Samuel Miller, III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a pic of Sam and I sitting at Sam's kitchen table in 2019. He had me come up to give a presentation with him to the San Luis Obispo Sheriff's Dive Team.

VlmvKs.jpg

And yet everyone shares the same feelings about Sam and how he touched their lives. What a remarkable individual in that when we were speaking or simply emailing him, we knew we were privileged. I never took that for granted - that Sam was special and he was extending his friendship, knowledge , wit and honesty to me and all those who he befriended . He was the gift.

Thank you Sam.
Thank you for allowing me to know just a bit of you.

Steve

Sad I learned the News form Alec Peirce another lifetime friend!
Dr.Sam Miller 111 was a fantastic friend very ,knowledable and Mentor.
Send sympathy card out today,and Mark sorry for you loss also!

Sad I learned the News form Alec Peirce another lifetime friend!
Dr.Sam Miller 111 was a fantastic friend very ,knowledable and Mentor.
Send sympathy card out today,and Mark sorry for you loss also!
Thanks for the sentiment Jerry. I spoke with Sam's son Sam IV yesterday. We are going to have dinner together the next time I'm near Pismo. Probably in September as I can swing over to the coast following my annual trout fishing trip in September. Sam III always spoke highly of you and he always wanted the skinny on every dive you and I made together at SHF and in Florida. He was particularly interested in our vintage gear cavern dive at Ginnie Springs. People ask me if Sam was a father figure to me and I always reply that, no, he was more like the weird uncle that would take you out behind the barn and say. "Here, smoke this!" :)

I'm going to miss Sam and the DM chats we had. He was always interested in what the current state of the state was and local dive history.
A few years ago he was going to be in town and I was unable to alter plans to meet face to face. Regretted that then and even more so today.

RIP Sam Miller III

We have lost a legend. I so appreciated his input and unfailing kindness. I will miss him.

Fair winds and following seas...

We just promoted Sam's previously unreleased article on the history of the Red & White dive flag to the ScubaBoard Knowledge Base. This is a summary of a much larger body of work on this subject.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom