Doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suggestion is that if a profile requires 260CF of backgas, it's likely a stage deco dive.
If it is a deep dive...possibly. How about a long shallow dive?

I use 130s for cave diving. I don't NEED to use 130s, but my team chose 130s so that is what we use (I'll try my LP80s at some point). In Peacock our dives are usually in the 40-50ft range. We can dive practically all day at that depth without hitting deco limits.

I use 130s for cave diving. I don't NEED to use 130s, but my team chose 130s so that is what we use (I'll try my LP80s at some point). In Peacock our dives are usually in the 40-50ft range. We can dive practically all day at that depth without hitting deco limits.

Agreed. Hard overhead dives are another reason to bring large capacity tanks.

Long shallow OW? Sure. It's not the norm, though.

What if it's already low tide? Then what?:dork2:
Richard

No worries, Al Gore assures me that the sea will rise soon enough.

slow your breathing and wait until the moon phases are right for a super lowtide, duh.

im just playing.

Me too!:dork2:

I have become the new best patient at my Chiropractor's office. I think my insurance company will be paying for a least one of his kid's college education on my account alone.

My lower back is trash! A single HP 100 is more than enough.

Richard

Richard

Pray that you have a CLOSE friend, close enough to rub some sunblock on your ass!

-------------------------------------------------------

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

If I did a face plant on exit, I would never be able to get up!

I highly recommend not doing a face plant in any kind of doubles. My aching cheek and 6 week banishment from the water are evidence that even 85s are bad enough.

falling in doubles just sucks, regardless. and i should know - i've fallen out of and into the water 5 or so times... thank goodness for buddies, friends, and random old people.

Absolutely...260 cu ft will let you do a couple hours at fairly shallow depths in the 40-60 ft range while still maintaining a 1/3rd reserve.

Richard

Hope for a dog to take hold of your fin and drag you out.

Worst case scenario with manifolded doubles...you lose all your gas
Worst case scenario with isolated doubles...you lose half your gas

Either way if you have a major failure as in either case you have already thumbed your dive and should have planed your gas to get you home accordingly, its not like you are going to continue diving with manifolded doubles even if you managed to save almost all your gas.

Can you explain why you would lose all your gas with manifolded doubles.. You have more options in an emergency and if you are unable to turn the knobs on the tank and manifold you probably should not be diving them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom