Doubles wing and stage tank: how it's rigged?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omcfadde, although this book details only one way of setting up gear, it does it in great detail with a lot of photographs: Dress for Success | Global Underwater Explorers

I had thought it was no longer available, but it is not listed as out of stock on the website.

I found the book very useful, when I was originally setting up my equipment.

omcfadde, although this book details only one way of setting up gear, it does it in great detail with a lot of photographs: Dress for Success | Global Underwater Explorers

I had thought it was no longer available, but it is not listed as out of stock on the website.

I found the book very useful, when I was originally setting up my equipment.

I ordered "Dress for Success" and "Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving" from GUE earlier today. :)

I think they will be quite useful references, and definitely something I'll read before buying any equipment. Now I'll be constantly checking the tracking number. :)

Your instructor should also be a source of information. Some may have specific recommendations/requirements prior to diving.

Rigged stage bottle. Note the bolt snaps.
_1_62stage_euro-oxy.jpg

Backplate and harness. Notice the D-rings on the shoulder straps and waist belt.
backplate2.jpg

The upper bolt snap on the stage bottle clips into the D-ring on the shoudler harness.
The lower bolt snap on the stage bottle clips into the D-ring on the waist belt.

Click on the photos for a larger version of the photo.

It's not actually that simple. The actual lengths of the stage bottle straps, and the positioning of the snaps on the stage bottle, are purposefully chosen. A good text on the matter will go into details, as TSM mentioned above.

Although this is a pony bottle and the upper attachment point is lower than you would use for a stage it does show actual attachment to an actual (taking some licence) diver.

Don't mind the vintage gear, you don't have to use it.

P7090229.jpg

Bob
---------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom