Doubles, Pony and Deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tek Adventure Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi , i was wondering if there would be any purpose to diving with Doubles, have a 19 cubic foot for an OOA Situation and a 40 cubic foot pony for deco.

Thatcher B:
Hi , i was wondering if there would be any purpose to diving with Doubles, have a 19 cubic foot for an OOA Situation and a 40 cubic foot pony for deco.

I prefer to rely on gas management and Teammate(s) for the "OOA Situation".

Tobin

The doubles are already a redundant back-up. OOA would only happen with poor gas management.

theskull

Thatcher B:
So that you can give your 94lb wing something to carry.

The 19 would just be in the way unless it was an Argon bottle. Then it would have a good purpose.

THATCHER'S PROFILE:
Certification Level: Master Instructor at PADI and Trimix Instructor

I would hope that a Trimix Instructor would already know the answer to this.

SparticleBrane:
I would hope that a Trimix Instructor would already know the answer to this.
He's PADI...so probably not.

theskull:
The doubles are already a redundant back-up. OOA would only happen with poor gas management.

theskull
Unless you had an equipment failure, of course that would probably be from poor maintenance but.....

Hmmm. I read the question as "should I be diving doubles..." if I already have a deco bottle and pony?

JeffG:
He's PADI...so probably not.

Why do you have to get into agency bashing? That is just so...........childish........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom