Double pony bottle mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For my 48 hour dive, my main tanks for breathing are going to come down, be used, and then brought back up when empty. This means that I don't need them on my back but it also means that I need something to inflate my drysuit and bc and to serve as a bailout bottle. I plan to use a 30 cf and a 19cf, one for air (bc and bailout) and one for argon (drysuit). My bc will be a BP+W so basically any mounting set up is fair game. Does anybody have a suggestion for ways to mount both bottles. I was thinking maybe those travel bands folks use for independent doubles sometimes. Thanks.

Are you for real??
Or have you just not updated the # of dives in your profile?
Iam guilty of this myself,But was quite diligent in the beginning.
If all you have for dives is 50 or less,Perhaps you should not be taking on dives of such duration.
The ammount of time you have listed for this dive can and will put you into saturation diving which requires special planning and great discipline to carry out safely.
If you do not have the training to complete this dive safely, Please get trained for this first.
I would hate to think that when next I read of this it might be on DAN's Accidents List.
Dive Safe/Live Long.

No, my number of dives is much higher than that listed on my profile. It should also be noted that due to the planed depth of 10-15 feet the dive will not require decompression although there will still be a large amount planning and discipline invloved due to the logistical issues and cold water associated with the location and duration of the dive.

If you are diving in 15 feet, do you need to wear a BO bottle? Can you just have a spare 80, with a weight on it, set down on the bottom near you?

If you are diving in 15 feet, do you need to wear a BO bottle? Can you just have a spare 80, with a weight on it, set down on the bottom near you?
I could but that still doesn't change the fact that I need air for my BC and argon for my drysuit.

You could orally inflate your bc since you are going to be in one spot, once you get it right you shouldn't have a great need to be adding and subtracting air

You could orally inflate your bc since you are going to be in one spot, once you get it right you shouldn't have a great need to be adding and subtracting air

Was just about to post the same idea.

seriously, from the questions about the full face mask, the BC inflation question, the bail-out bottle... etc... Have you really thought this through?

seriously, from the questions about the full face mask, the BC inflation question, the bail-out bottle... etc... Have you really thought this through?

Although I have done a lot already, I am still in the early stages of planning as this dive is not set to take place until June. I have been focusing a lot of my efforts on the charitable side of the endeavor in terms of securing sponsors etc. I also have no experience in FFMs and originally didn't consider them a viable option for many reasons. That is why I have had so many questions about them after they were suggested by several people. I have a pretty good idea of what the answer is to a lot of my questions but I figure it can't hurt to see if someone else has some better idea that I haven't though of.

I would re-think your schedule. The water is still pretty cold in june 40s to low 50s F. That is going to be brutal on a 48 hour attempt. Doing it at this time of year with temps reliably in the 60s would be a better plan. This also gives you the whole summer to train up for the attempt.

Back
Top Bottom