Double Braided Flexible Hoses for SCUBA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want to replace a couple of my LP hoses with shorter hoses and saw these hoses and am wondering if any one has any experience with these hoses.

Double Braided Flexible Hoses for SCUBA - Dive Gear Express

I have Miflex LP hoses now and really like them because of the reduction in reg pull, flexibility and ease of packing for travel.

These Double Braided hoses are about half the cost of Miflex so I am wondering if they are fairly equivelent to Miflex in respect to flexibility, quality and size.

Thanks for any information

My experience involves only one of the braided hoses, so it may or may not be representative of others.

Last year, I bought my oldest son a new regulator that came with one of those braided hoses and, one month later, it developed a leak at the point where the fitting goes into the first stage. The dealer I bought the reg from replaced it with a standard hose.

The braided hose was, however, very flexible.

I live near Divegearexpress and buy some of my equipment from them...Everyone who works there is a diver, many are long time cave divers....They're very careful of what they sell/carry.....The 'quality point' or 'failure point' w/most LP flex hoses is usually at the crimp/connector [HP flex hoses are still in the 'development stage' :(....There are several threads on those].......The only flex hoses I trust are the ones from Apeks...I've tried all the different brands and never had a problem....But it's the counterfeit ones that sneak into the supply chain that concerns me......We all know how good the counterfeiters can be w/designer & high-end goods.....flex hoses are no different.......Give you an example.....When MiFlex hoses [LP] first came out I and several 'buddies' bought them and they were great, we loved them !!!!....One friend bought a few more and one felt 'different'....So we split it length-wise to see....It was auto fuel line wrapped in braiding.....Same pkg'g, same labeling, same everything !!!!....We knew the shop where he bought was reputable....Some one had slipped a counterfeit batch [don't know how many] into the supply chain.....Called the FBI and they added it to their ever growing list.......If you can, buy direct from the manufacture......

Yes I work for Dive Gear Express. And trust me, a lot of research and effort is put into the buying decisions made there. We have made some changes recently, and those changes have resulted in sourcing these goods directly from the manufacturer, thus reducing costs and lowering our prices to you. True, these hoses may not come in the fancy packaging, but we're in the business of providing reliable gear at reasonable prices.

Oceanic makes a great maxflex hose that stops the reg pull. We have them in stock

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom